California American Water
2018 General Rate Case
July 1, 2016 Cal Am filed its Application
with the CPUC, requesting approval to increase customer rates from 2018 – 2020:
- 2018: $34.6 million increase (16.29%)
- 2019: Additional $8.5 million increase (3.43%)
- 2020: Additional $7.7 million increase (3.03%)
ORA had made an initial review of Cal Am's Application. ORA finds that a more in-depth analysis of Cal Am's request is required including in the areas of:
- Revenue increases
- Estimate of operation & maintenance (“O&M”)
- Estimate of administrative & general (“A&G”) expenses
- Additions and status of capital infrastructure investments
- Cost recovery of certain accounts
- Estimate of tax liabilities, depreciation rates, and other items affecting overall revenue requirements
- Rate design and ability to promote fairness and equity amongst different customer classes while also achieving state goals
- Special requests pertaining to such general policy items as district consolidation and the creation of new ratemaking mechanisms an
ORA expects to issue its full analysis via Testimony by Q1 2017.
August 5, 2016 Protest.
At this CPUC docket you can subscribe to proceeding updates.
ORA Cal Am Archives